Sunday, May 1, 2011

Some brief thoughts on the royal wedding

After learning about the death of Osama Bin Laden, I want to thank the brave men and women serving in the United States armed forces as well as those serving in the armed forces of America's allies protecting us from tyranny.  Thank you for your dedication, sacrifice, and hard work.  May God bless you.

This has been on my mind a few days now and I guess it's too late to post it, but, what the heck.  After watching the royal wedding between Prince William Windsor and his wife Kate Middleton and hearing how much it cost to put on the whole shindig, here's what should've happened:

Will and Kate fly discreetly to Las Vegas, NV (their wedding details deliberately made unknown to the public) and become the first royal couple to be married by an Elvis impersonator.  They spend their wedding night at Caesar's Palace and fly back to the UK soon afterward to avoid the papparazzi.  That would've saved the British taxpayers a HECK of a lot of money. 

Okay, I thought the whole thing was a little overdone but it was fun watching it.  I hate to say this, but I now think I have a crush on Prince William; he definitely looks much more handsome than he did when he was younger.  The hairpieces of Prince Andrew's daughters look as if they were taken from someone else's wedding cake; those things were hideous!  Still, I think Diana would've loved the way the whole ceremony turned out for her son; she was probably looking down from Heaven and smiling.

That's all I can think about for now.  Fin.

No comments:

Post a Comment