Thursday, May 26, 2011

Some brief thoughts

First of all, I believe that every one of us should take some time to pray for the families of the natural disasters that have hit the Midwest, especially the tornados that have hit Joplin, MO.  I had spoken with a couple of individuals a few days ago who were from St. Louis but had relatives and friends living in Joplin.  Pray that those affected find hope, healing, and love during their time of hardship.  Through Christ Jesus, we will always be resilient.

"Then you will go on your way in safety, and your foot will not stumble; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet. Have no fear of sudden disaster or of the ruin that overtakes the wicked, for the Lord will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being snared." - Proverbs 3:23-26

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." - John 14:27

"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed, says the Lord, who has compassion on you." - Isaiah 54:10. 



Well, I've got some good news and some bad news.  The bad news is that I've lost interest in writing the Jane Eyre fanfic, titled Velociraptor in the Closet, for Fanfiction.net.  The good news is that I am thinking about a better fanfiction series, perhaps a weekly serial of sorts.  The premise is that Jane and Edward Rochester, now married, start a zombie/monster killing business.  It's got love, gore, humor, and everything in between.  I was inspired by the whole mashup subgenre of classic literature as well as my own geekified imagination.  I am considering writing an "episode" where Jane and Edward travel to Transylvania to encounter spooky stuff in the castle of Vlad the Impaler.

This evening after work, I encountered a furry little creature crawling along the ground.  It was a caterpillar that was trying to get up over the curb near a bus stop so I helped the little guy and he wandered around a trash can before going back into the direction of the bus parking zone.  For some reason, I felt compelled to watch him and make sure he didn't get run over as he inched across the "street" to the other side.  I got him to crawl on my shoe a couple of times (and he ended up on my leg; see pic below) and placed him in a nearby bush with a tree so he didn't get squished by incoming buses.  He had all sorts of fun crawling on the vegetation and that's when we parted ways.  Somehow, this incident reminded me of God watching over us as I was watching that little hairy caterpillar.




Cute little fella, isn't he?

Anyhoo, I'm off to bed.  Fin.



1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you helped the little guy across the street. I save bugs too. =D

    ReplyDelete