Monday, May 2, 2011

Happy Monday!

Well, I went to the doctor this afternoon and ended up waiting an hour past my scheduled appointment time because everyone was so busy.  The on/off pain in my big right toe brought me in to see my primary care physician.  Well, good news.  I don't need cortisone shots nor do I have to wear the infamous blue shoe with the velcro straps.  Apparently, I've been wearing a pair of a knock-off brand of toning shoes for several months and that has caused my toe to strain itself, along with my pancake-flat feet.  So, Doc recommends two types of insoles for my flat feet: Spenco and Superfeet.  According to all the podiatrists that he's spoken with, the best kind of walking shoe would be New Balance because of its ability to help with arch support.  It's perfect since I need a new pair of walking shoes.

I also picked up a flyer for a variety of nutritional programs available through my healthcare provider.  Considering that I gained 17 lbs. of the 32 lbs. I lost 5 years ago, I could use a little help.  Unfortunately, they cost hundreds of dollars, totalling up to about $500, including counseling, EKG testing, blood testing, etc.  All I want to do is get back on track with my dieting and exercise.  What I really need is just a diet to adhere to.  If I have everything planned out, I'd stick to it.

After reading the book Jane Eyre and seeing two movie versions, these 80s rock ballads remind me of Edward Rochester's love life when meeting Jane: I Want to Know What Love Is and Waiting for a Girl Like You by Foreigner.




And yes, part of this was meant to be funny. 

I have added a few character sketches to my list of characters for my novel and I am now on to watch Pawn Stars on the History Channel.  Fin.

No comments:

Post a Comment