Sunday, April 3, 2011

Breakfast, mayonnaise, and picky eating

This morning, my dad and I decided to stop at IHOP for breakfast before we went to work.  I really like IHOP because you can order anything from the menu at any time (like Denny's).  So, I ordered from the lunch menu because nothing from the breakfast menu really excites me (except maybe oatmeal or whole grain blueberry pancakes, but I wasn't in the mood for either).

I ordered the half-club sandwich with a cup of fruit (approx. 290 calories, according to the menu) and it wasn't the second time I've ordered this dish; I had ordered it on a previous visit and I liked the sandwich but there was no cheese in it.  This time around, there was cheese in my sandwich.  It was really good after one bite and then I realized that someone had put mayo in my sandwich.  Now, I know some people wouldn't think this would be a big deal because some people normally like mayo in their sandwiches, but I do not like mayo, except in making tuna salad or if it's some specialty sandwich that includes pesto mayo. 

However, I thought that, with the addtion of a touch of mayo, my sandwich tasted good.  Still, I would not be ordering mayo with my sandwiches at Subway anytime soon because of the added caloric value.  I can't remember how long ago my hatred of mayonnaise had started but, for some reason, as a child, I developed a distate for the stuff as well as balongna.  But I am a picky eater.  I don't like eggs, salad dressing in my salad (preferably in a sandwich with lots of veggies and lunch meat to "absorb" it), beef stroganoff, fettucine alfredo (the last time I had it, it made me gag), potato salad, and other things.  According to my dad, I used to love eggs as a little kid but for some reason, stopped liking them all of a sudden.  I don't know; maybe my taste buds are weird.

Fin.


P.S. If you'd like to drop me a line about this blog, email me at theshannifesto@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment