Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Clever and dumb commercials - just a rant

I know this is a rant but I need to get this off my chest.  Lately, I've found myself scratching my head at some of the dumbest commercials I've seen on television.  One of them has to be the financial company known as J.G. Wentworth, specializing in annuities and settlements.  Every time this hits the TV screen, I hit the mute button. 




Now if that kind of stuff is your cup of tea, then that's cool.  I just don't happen to like cheesy commercials; it makes my skin crawl.  In 0:36 into the commercial, there's a viking dude on the bus...WHAT THE HECK?  I just don't see the comedy in it.


Okay, explain to me how playing basketball and a penguin spinning a ball on his flipper has to do with getting a quote from an automobile insurance company. 

The automobile insurance giant, Geico, has had its fair share of crappy tv ads and really good ones.  Here's one that I could probably watch over and over again for days.


A dog and a cat chasing each other in a pair of Trans Ams.  Comedy. Gold.

Here's a couple of my personal favorites from Allstate Insurance:




JG Wentworth and The General should take notes.  That is all.  Fin.


PS: If you like what you see or if you have any comments or questions, email me at theshannifesto@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. I love those Allstate Mayhem commercials. The actor is pitch perfect. Don't care for the company, but that ad campaign is a good one!

    ReplyDelete