Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Fashion, writing, biking......oh my!

I just saw Coco Before Chanel; it's a good movie but it has a small problem with continuity.  Still, it's interesting to see how Coco got to be where she was; the woman was pretty much a self-made individual, who did have a little financial help from a couple of boyfriends here and there.  This woman literally went from rags to riches and, according to the DVD commentary, she was a feminist of sorts; working in a field that was dominated by men. 

I have decided on a way to get started on my novel; little baby steps.  I am going to do one character sketch a day until I've got everyone written down and then I'll go back and add other minor details.  Not sure how to do character sketches for novels but I'll figure out how to do it. 

Today, I went back to Mission Beach to rent a bike.  This time, I rode for a little longer.  I almost quit going up the second leg up to Law St. in Pacific Beach but I had more time on my rental agreement thingy (I had rented the bike for 2 hours) so I pushed myself to go up to Law St.  I finished my ride in 90 minutes and the lady at the bike rental place wanted to know if I was interested in finishing out the remainder of the 2 hr. rental and I told her that I was simply too tired and worn out, which is true.  However, I felt incredibly energized that I decided to walk home from the trolley station instead of taking the bus.  I was about five minutes into the walk when my neighbor saw me walking and offered me a ride home.  I usually don't decline generosity so I accepted the offer and got a free ride home.  Maybe it was God's way of telling me that I've had enough exercise for one day.  During the 90 min. bike ride, I kept myself pumped up by listening to "I Gotta Feeling" by The Black Eyed Peas on repeat on my Android phone.

I also found out today that flexing my big right toe hurts.  I'm not in agony or anything and I can walk okay but the pain, which is very mild, has been around for at least a week.  When I was riding the rental bike, there were times that I had to stop using my tippy toes and putting pressure on my big toe stung a little.  When the pain started, I chalked it up to just being sore and not drinking enough water.  Turns out, it might be due to the shoes I'm wearing.  My right shoe seems to press against my toe.  It's not bad that I have to forsake any physical activity but if it goes on for another week, I might see a doctor about it.

That's it for now.  I've got to wake up early for work.  Fin.

No comments:

Post a Comment