Sunday, April 24, 2011

He is Risen

Some 2,000 years ago, a simple Jewish Carpenter was tried and found innocent of crimes that He was accused of.  Still, He was whipped, spat on, beaten, and a crown of thorns was thrust onto His head.  He was cursed, mocked, and yelled at and yet, He remained compliant.  Eventually, He was nailed to a cross and crucified.  He died on that cross; his body was then taken down and placed in a tomb.  Three days later, the tomb was empty...

He appeared to a crowd of 500 people, completely alive and well.  Everyone cheered and praised Him.  Then, He ascended into Heaven in fulfillment of His Promise to the world. 





On this day, I give thanks to Jesus for dying in my place so that I might inherit the Kingdom of God and that I might have Eternal Life in Heaven with Him.  For those who are curious about Jesus and want to know more about the Gospel and Eternal life, here's a 4-5 minute clip:


If you haven't asked Christ into your life and would like to, pray this simple prayer:

"Dear Heavenly Father, I admit that I am a sinner and I ask You to forgive me of my sins and my sinful nature.  I accept Jesus into my heart as my Savior.  I ask You to save me and make me the kind of person that You would have me to be."

If you've prayed that prayer for the first time, I would love to congratulate you and welcome you into God's Family.  Find a Bible-believing church where Christ is proclaimed as Lord and get involved and grow more into your faith as you read The Bible (NIV is a good translation). 

In the meantime, here's a funny take on Handel's Messiah:



God bless and have a Happy Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment